The summer is the perfect time to amp up your skin care processes (considering we parade our skin around in our swim suits with strangers all around. Weird right?) Besides the regular routines like moisturizers, sun screens, and washes, the summer is the time to add a scrub to achieve beach ready, soft skin (we wouldn’t want to disappoint the strangers, now would we?). Luckily, I have one that I make at home that is easy, inexpensive, and natural. It is really helpful in breaking down dead or hardened skin (like on your little feetsies) but is also great for smoother areas as well. It is light, refreshing, and perfect to keep on hand for a “treat myself” kind of day. I think you guys will love it so much, you might want to go ahead and plant some peppermint and rosemary for easy access (or just come over to my place, I’m a fan of the “treat myself” day).
Natural Homemade Scrub
Ingredients (this will make 2 treatments)
- 4 tbsp of unperfumed shower gel
- 2 tbsp. peppermint, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. sea salt, ground sea salt
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- a small container
- Stir ingredients together.
- Let warm water lightly run over your skin.
- Rub scrub over skin and work into a lather.
- Change water to cooler temperature (this is where you can really feel the peppermint working).
- Repeat on other areas.
Want to turn this into a gift? Buy this World Market jar (in the small size) and tie a little ribbon around it. Voila!