Hi, my name is Ramie and I am a potato-aholic. (Hiiii Ramie). I find myself trying to add potatoes as a side to any dish we make. My husband is able to keep me at bay some nights, but I tend to sneak them in more than I should (some women sneak in handbags, I sneak in potatoes). Since I make them so often (Ma’m, what would you like for dinner? I think I’ll have the red potatoes with a side of sweet potatoes), I try to find different ways to prepare them (for the sake of my husband’s sanity). I decided to make smashed potatoes with 2 lbs. of red potatoes the other night for dinner and it was a hit. I used fresh and simple ingredients, so it is the perfect side dish for almost any meal.
Garlic & Parsley Smashed Potatoes
- 2 lbs. red potatoes, washed and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tbs. softened butter
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt (you may need more salt, just add to taste)
- sprinkle of freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- Boil potatoes until fork tender.
- While potatoes are cooking, add in all other ingredients in a bowl.
- Add in potatoes to the bowl and smash with a fork and toss gently. Serve!