When we are going out-of-town, we try to use up every bit of groceries we have before we leave (cheapo alert). We were leaving to visit friends this week and, therefore, our refrigerator looked like the apocalypse hit. We needed a quick, but healthy breakfast with what we had in the house and we ended up with this delicious smoothie. It is incredibly easy to make and is a great healthy breakfast (for when your fridge is bare or full).
Ingredients (makes 2)
- 1 cup frozen fruit (I had mixed berries and peaches, so that’s what I used)
- 1/2 cup granola
- 1/2 cup fresh fruit (strawberries are always a good choice, especially when that’s all you have)
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- fresh fruit to top with (I used bananas)
- Put your yogurt in your blender first (this will play as the liquid), then add in your frozen fruit, sugar, and 1/2 cup fresh fruit. Liquify in blender. (The frozen fruit helps thicken the mixture).
- Pour a little smoothie into bottom of glasses, top with a layer of granola. Pour the rest of the smoothie in the glasses and add the rest of the granola. Top with fresh fruit and enjoy!