My name is Ramie and I have spring fever. All I can think about is picnics, planting flowers, and fresh veggies. We are inching towards it firmly being spring, so I have been working towards firmly forcing spring in our house.
We have had a couple warm weekend days, so with our new house, the hubby and I have been busting our booties outside in our yard to prep for a vegetable garden, starting our flower garden, and fire pit. (woo hoo!!) When we are out there working hard, I like to keep spring time snacks ready for us to re-fuel on (otherwise we pretty much eat everything in sight). I store the hummus and veg in tupperware for easy transport to our yard work area (and for unexpected spring picnics, naturally). There’s nothing like outside time and homemade, healthy and fresh snacks!
Homemade Hummus (with veggies)
- Juice of 2 juicy lemons (about 6 tbsp)
- 1 15oz can chick peas (garbanzo beans), drained (save liquid)
- 2 tbsp. chick pea (garbanzo beans) liquid
- 2 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped (can add more if want it you need to fight off vampires)
- 1.5 tsp kosher salt
- 1/3 cup tahini paste
- a few dashes of hot sauce
- red and yellow bell pepper, sliced
- cucumber, sliced
- Place garlic in food processor and pulse until minced.
- Add in lemon juice, chick peas, chick pea liquid, salt, tahini paste and hot sauce into the food processor. Process for about 1 minute until all ingredients are smoothly combined.
- Pour into sealable container, tupperware and add veggies for munching